Developer : Overkill
Publisher : SOE
Platform : PC, PS3
Release Date Q4 2011
Ever wanted to recreate those epic moments from your favorite heist films, raid banks, smash armored cars and take part in daring prisoner break outs? Payday The Heist is a First Person Shooter with a difference, boasting online 4-player co-op, you and your buddies take on the role of some hardened criminals out to land their big Payday. Take part in 6 different robberies, choose your load outs, use tactical deployment of ammo, and you hold off wave after wave of police and SWAT teams to escape safely and get paid.
After getting to play through one of the bank robberies missions with the Overkill developers during Gamescom this week, i can safely say this is the best heist game i’ve played in recent years. It’s what Kane and Lynch could only dream of. Each time you play it too it will be slightly different, whether that’s where the bank manager is located, or at what rate the assault teams come bursting into the bank means it offers a lot of replay value.
You and up to 3 of your friends must take on different roles with in the four man team, decide on your weapon and equipment loadout’s but my favorite feature is the shout button. As you burst into the bank the citizens start to panic you need to keep them under control too as hitting them in the cross fire costs your dearly. Shouting at them to hit the deck keeps them for the most part on the ground.
- Six High-Intensity Heists: Whether you’re blowing the roof off a building to extract a safe via helicopter or emptying the vault at the First World Bank, these action-packed heists will have players on edge and always checking their six.
- Interactive Co-op Gameplay: Whether AI or live, your crew of four must operate as one to bring get the “big score.” Sharing extra ammo and med kits, helping regen wounded partners, guarding key positions, taking civilian hostages or cracking through various security measures — it’s all for one and one for all.
- Endless Replayability: Dynamic environments, adaptive enemy behavior, shifting entry points, FBI agents repelling down on ropes through the skylights, SWAT teams crashing through the windows and special units crawling through the ventilation shafts makes each play-through of every heist a unique fight.
- Massive Character Progression Tree: Players choose a specialty — assault, sharpshooter or support — to gain weapons and equipment that fit their preferred form of violence. Unlock trip mines, silenced pistols, machine guns and much, much more.
- Shout Out Button: Players need to be vocal and shout commands and directions to the co-op crew, as well as hostages and the police if they want to survive to spend their cut of the take.
- Hostage Trading: Hostages can be a lifeline. If anyone in the crew is taken into custody, trade hostages to get crew members back and increase the odds of completing your objectives.
- PlayStation® or PC: For keyboard and mouse marksman, as well as handheld controller snipers, PAYDAY is the uber-FPS for a high intensity shooter fix.
- More DLC: Additional heists, weapons and equipment means PAYDAY — a digitally distributed AAA quality title for less than half the price of a retail game — is total OVERKILL.