We finally have details on how, and when, we can get our hands on a new PS5. Pre-Orders went live this morning (17th Sept) and the console itself will release in two phases. Here in the EU, we will be able to start playing on November the 19th. Players in seven key markets including the US and Japan will be getting it a week earlier on the 12th.
In case you missed the show you can watch the whole thing here
We have known for a while now that there will be two different models, a disk version and a digital version. But unlike Xbox’s lower-tiered offering, both PS5s will have the same specs. The only differences being that the Digital Only version can’t take a disk (kinda obvious I know but worth saying).
Just how that impacts your ability to play your disk-based Backwards Compatible PS4 games is still unclear. But something to consider especially for the games that offer PS4-PS5 upgrades.
The all-important question. How much do they cost?
Also announced was the price list for the new accessories available on day one.
- DualSense™ Wireless Controller (standalone) – €69.99 (RRP)
- PULSE 3D wireless headset – €99.99 (RRP)
- HD Camera – with dual 1080p lenses – €59.99 (RRP)
- Media Remote – to navigate movies and streaming services – 29.99 (RRP)
- DualSense Charging Station – to charge two Controllers €29.99 (RRP)
As with all Hardware you need games to play. Many other publishers have already announced games such as Madden, Fifa and Call of Duty. But SIE Worldwide Studios will have these titles releasing on day one.
- Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
- Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – €79.99 (RRP)
- Destruction AllStars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – €79.99 (RRP)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – €59.99 (RRP)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition – €79.99 (RRP)
- Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – €69.99 (RRP)
Stay tunes for more details in the coming weeks.Please Join us on your Social Platform of choice